2 tablespoons (30 mL) daily, for two weeks
For the first two days, take a loading dose of 4 tablespoons (60 mL)
Skin conditions have many causes, but they are always impacted by the ineffective elimination of toxins. The liver, as one of the primary emunctories, enables the body to recycle and detoxify toxins, excess endogenous hormones, and some from exogenous sources, like birth control pills, drugs, xenoestrogens, etc. When primary emunctories are burdened, the accumulation of toxins in the blood can result in dermatological issues as the body attempts to eliminate them via secondary pathways of elimination, like skin.
The liver participates in the process of metabolic detoxication, largely by the action of two sequential steps referred to as Phase I reactions and Phase II reactions. Emerging evidence now describes an additional detoxification process known as antiporter activity and is often referred to as the Phase III detoxification system.
Liver Cleanse™ supports normal function and health of the liver. The medicinal herbs used in Liver Cleanse™ provide a rich source of antioxidants that are beneficial for normal liver function. These herbs also aid in the hepatic biotransformation of endogenous and exogenous toxic compounds.
1-2 tablespoons (15-30 mL) daily, for three weeks
For the first two days, take a loading dose of 2-4 tablespoons (30-60 mL)
Skin health depends on the optimal elimination of metabolic waste and exogenous toxins. Kidneys are employed in the detoxification of water-soluble waste, therefore helping the skin to be liberated from the need to eliminate toxins and to return to a flawless complexion. A periodic cleanse of the kidney with natural diuretics will greatly improve overall health and well-being.
Kidney Cleanse™ is a natural herbal diuretic with botanicals that are traditionally used in urinary tract infections and to prevent urine saturation.
EFA Omega 40:20
1 capsule, two to three times daily
Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in the inflammatory response of the skin, its appearance, texture and softness, and the ability to act as a natural barrier. Omega-3 fatty acids fundamentally influence the gut-skin axis, which is one of the most critical factors affecting skin vitality. Diets rich in omega-3s or omega-3 supplementation promote the growth of beneficial gut microflora, which in response produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). SCFA are known for their gut lining protective properties, preventing unwanted bacteria and biotoxins from leaking into the bloodstream and ending up in the skin.
Fish oil concentrate from anchovy, mackarel, and sardine is a great source of omega-3 EFA, with EPA 400 mg & DHA 200 mg per capsule.
1-2 capsules, once daily
Gut-friendly microflora exhibits gut lining protective action by producing short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs). Strong gut mucosa minimizes the permeability of biotoxins into the bloodstream and prevents negative impact on the skin vitality and appearance.
Superior probiotic formula providing 10 billion of shelf-stable, live cells with Psyllium-free fiber.
Ultimate Greens Concentrate
5 capsules, twice per day, with a sufficient amount of liquid (250 mL)
Greens aid detoxification processes in the body by supplying phytonutrients, antioxidants, minerals, and fiber. Supplementing with greens helps to improve acid-base balance by increasing alkalinity and reducing inflammation to promote healthy gut lining and diversity of the microbiome. Proper elimination of metabolic waste via the intestinal tract helps to divert the elimination of toxins thru the skin.
Ultimate Greens Concentrated provides vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients, with enzymes and probiotics for effective and easy assimilation and supports detoxification processes.
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.