Our skin is our body’s largest organ and the first line of defense between our inner physical selves and the outside world. As such, it is subject to environmental stressors, such as ultraviolet exposure, as well as exposure to pollution, mechanical abrasion, and micro-organisms. The skin also plays a major role in our appearance. A good skincare routine and protection from the elements help keep our skin healthy and young-looking.
Healthy skin requires hydration, structural support, and proper skin barrier function. Key nutrients involved with supporting the skin include collagen, keratin, ceramides, as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
Look and feel your best by giving your skin the same care and support you give to the rest of your health—starting with the right nutrients.
Hair, Skin & Nails Collagen Plus Formula
Take 4 tablets daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. We encourage the product to be taken for at least 1-3 months on a regular basis before assessing its full effects.
This formula includes several clinically-studied nutrients that work together to support overall healthy hair, skin and nails. VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides® supports your skin’s extracellular matrix. Cynatine® HNS provides solubilized keratin, zinc, vitamins B3, B5, and B6, copper, and biotin. These raw materials promote keratin formation, necessary for strong hair, skin, and nails.
Hair, Skin & Nails Collagen Plus benefits:
- Encourages healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Clinically studied to promote collagen & keratin health
- Supports healthy nutrients for keratin formation
- Supports skin suppleness & elasticity
Take 2 softgels daily, preferably in the morning, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Youthful Legs helps maintain healthy circulation in leg veins and youthful leg appearance using a micronized extract of sweet orange peel, which promotes healthy, comfortable legs.
Encouraging healthy, beautiful legs all comes down to your vascular system. The complex circulatory system in your legs can weaken with age. But diosmin extract from orange peels has been shown to encourage leg circulation and comfort by helping to maintain the tone and elasticity of your leg veins.
Diosmin helps inhibit inflammatory factors to support vascular health, making it an ideal nutrient for supporting healthy legs.
Youthful Legs benefits:
- Supports healthy circulation in leg veins
- Helps promote healthy & comfortable legs
- Helps inhibit inflammatory factors to support vascular health
- Helps maintain tone & elasticity of leg veins
Skin Restoring Ceramides
Take 1 capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
The ceramides naturally present in our skin help retain moisture to give it that young, supple appearance. These epidermal fats help lock moisture into your skin for a youthful, healthy appearance. But over time, your body’s natural supply of ceramides is depleted. Wheat contains these same ceramides, but you can’t get enough from wheat in your diet to make a difference. Skin Restoring Ceramides is a convenient oral supplement that smooths the appearance of wrinkles, hydrating and revitalizing your skin from within.
Ceramide levels naturally decrease as we age, making it hard to maintain smooth, supple, healthy skin as we get older.
Skin Restoring Ceramides benefits:
- Smooths the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Promotes healthy skin hydration & comfort
- Encourages healthy ceramide levels in aging skin
- Contains concentrated, clinically studied wheat ceramides
Take 1 capsule daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Biotin, sometimes referred to as vitamin B7, is a water-soluble vitamin that belongs to the vitamin B family. It’s necessary for the production of keratin, a protein that is a structural component of hair, nails, and skin.
Biotin is used as a cofactor in the body, supporting the activities of enzymes involved in fatty acid synthesis, gluconeogenesis (the generation of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources), and amino acid breakdown. Biotin is also needed for cellular energy production as a cofactor for the TCA-cycle, or Krebs cycle, enzymes. (1)(2)
A growing body of evidence further suggests biotin may play an important role in gene expression.1 Biotin is essential for the production of the protein keratin and therefore supports healthy hair, skin, and nails. (3)(4)(5)(6)
DisclaimerView template in-app
- J Inherit Metab Dis. 2019;42(4):647-654.
- Protein Sci. 2012;21(11):1597-619.
- Nutr Clin Pract. 2019
- J Dermatolog Treat. 2018;29(4):411-414.
- Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2019;9(1):51-70.
- Skin Appendage Disord. 2017;3(3):166-169.
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.