Nervous tension, stress, and occasional anxiety are common mental health concerns in the United States. Studies have documented how the gut microbiota contributes to mental health via the bidirectional relationship between the gut and the brain, known as the gut-brain axis.
The following is an evidence-based 12-week protocol for supporting the gut-brain axis, the gut microbiota, and mental health.
Zenbiome™ COPE contains the unique patented strain Bifidobacterium longum 1714™ as well as saffron and vitamins B6 and B12 which may help support a healthy stress response, cortisol levels, and overall emotional well-being.*
Zenbiome™ SLEEP contains the unique patented strain Bifidobacterium longum 1714™ but also includes lemon balm (Melissa officinalis L.) and L-theanine to help support healthy sleep patterns.*
MegaQuinD3™ is a high-potency vitamin K2/D3 blend to help support a balanced immune system, antioxidant levels, and emotional well-being.*
MegaMarine™ is a comprehensive, full-spectrum fish oil formulated to support a healthy gut microbiome, inflammatory balance, and the production of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).*
Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulins, found in Mega IgG2000™, may help support a balanced immune system and a healthy gut barrier.*
MegaSporeBiotic™ is a 100% spore-based probiotic that supports the gut microbiome by promoting microbial diversity and maintaining health-promoting, commensal gut microbes. Specifically, Bacillus subtilis may help promote healthy L-tryptophan levels, supporting emotional wellness (L-tryptophan is the precursor to serotonin).*
MegaPre™ is a prebiotic blend that helps support healthy gut microbial diversity by preferentially feeding commensal and keystone bacterial species. May help promote the production of SCFAs like butyrate which have been shown to support healthy levels of inflammation and the metabolism of neurotransmitters.*
MegaMucosa ™ supports mucosal health and integrity, which can be impacted by bacteria often found in the microbiome of individuals with digestive concerns.
|Week 1||Week 2||Weeks 3||Week 4–6||Weeks 7–9||Weeks 10–12|
|Zenbiome™ COPE||2 capsules per day with or without a meal|
|Zenbiome™ SLEEP||1 capsule in the evening with or without a meal|
|MegaQuinD3™||1 capsule in the evening with or without a meal|
|MegaMarine™||2 capsules per day with a fat-containing meal|
|Mega IgG2000™||2 capsules, twice per day||4 capsules, twice per day||2 capsules, twice per day as needed|
|MegaSporeBiotic™||½ capsule every other day||1 capsule every other day||1 capsule per day||2 capsules per day|
|MegaPre™ powder||–||–||–||–||1 scoop per day mixed into water|
|MegaMucoa™ powder||–||–||–||–||–||1 scoop per day mixed into water|
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.